Name:
Location: Kirkkonummi, Finland

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The hunter-gatherer in me raising his hairy head again?

A desire to create a "pre-agricultural" language, probably one based on finnish and maybe some related languages has awoken in me in recent days...
But unfortunately, as always, when having thoughts on conlangs of my own, I deem my own linguistic skills to be too inferior to be up to the task (at least as of now, let's hope my studies will be of some help).
Sad, isn't it.
Well, at least I should get this underway by learning more about the older vocabulary of finnish, sami etc.
It's just that any free time left after school, music etc. is taken up by my half-serious wikiholism and my random studies about the Ainu. Hmh.
And I can't wait to get to learn japanese so I can go to Hokkaido. If I don't hurry up, there'll be no speakers of the ainu language left when I get there...:P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home